Every nerve in your peripheral system has a specific function. There are sensory nerves, motor nerves and autonomic nerves.
Here is a list of the signs and symptoms associated with those nerves that might be neuropathy:
- A gradual onset of numbness, prickling or tingling in your hands or your feet
- Sharp jabbing, throbbing, freezing or burning pain
- Extreme sensitivity to touch
- Lack of coordination and falling
- Muscle weakness or paralysis
- Heat intolerance
- Altered sweating
- Bowel, bladder or digestive problems
- Changes in blood pressure causing dizziness or lightheadedness
Some of the risk factors of neuropathy would be smoking, drinking and those types of things. Avoid other factors that are going to increase your risk like toxins.
As far as treatments go, I always recommend diet and lifestyle changes. Poor choices in those areas are going to be the main causes of some sort of neuropathy issue. You have to start exercising and supplementing your diet.